AUTHOR, SPEAKER, FOOD and CLIMATE ADVOCATE
PUNEETA CHHITWAL-VARMA is a Canadian writer and food advocate who teaches people how to lead a low-waste, earth-friendly yet abundant lifestyle. Her first book, Good Food, Healthy Planet - Your Kitchen Companion to Simple, Practical, Sustainable Cooking comes out in April 2024. Pre-orders are open.
Puneeta is an on-air good food and sustainability expert and appears on various Canadian and international media. She is the founder of the popular food and culture blog Maple and Marigold.
Puneeta believes that sustainability is far easier than we have been led to believe and that eating good food can be uncomplicated and accessible. She is on a mission to help a million people change how they cook and eat, and regain their power in the kitchen. Puneeta has appeared on prominent national and international media including CTV’s The Social, Breakfast Television, CHCH Morning Live, Global News, CBC Radio, CBC Life, Martha Stewart, among many others. She lives in Toronto with her husband, two kids, and their cat.
Her blog, Maple and Marigold started in 2016 as a love letter. Maple represents Canada, and marigold refers to her roots in India. Through media appearances, workshops, demos, and food writing, Puneeta has built a large and loyal platform of people who are enthusiastic to move forward on a journey towards delicious, good-for-you, good-for-the-planet habits.
Media interviews and collaborations
- Good Mood Foods
- Sustainable Living
- Home Cooking and why it's an essential skill
- Natural Health and Remedies
- Exploring Immigrant Cultures
Story ideas Puneeta has successfully led in the past:
- Making earth-savvy choices in the kitchen and at home
- Real food with big flavour and bold spices
- Making everyday life abundant and sustainable
Press and Media Recordings
Puneeta has extensive experience in storytelling, pitching and booking media. She is often invited as a good food/ sustainability expert on various media. Puneeta is available to speak to the media about affordable, accessible, sustainable living, real food and also cooking that boosts the mood. This list of media appearances is not exhaustive. Please reach out if you would like to see her most recent TV appearances.
- Rising Food Prices, CHCH News at 6
- Sending Kids Back to School, CBC News
Everyday Real Food
- Rice to the Rescue, CHCH
- Almost from Scratch, CHCH
- Mellow Curry for Weeknight Dinners, CBC
- Rock Weeknight Dinners, CHCH
Creative Ways to Reduce Food Waste
- Cooking with Peels - Watermelon Rind Curry, CTV's The Social
- Reducing Food Waste Tips, CHCH Morning Live
- Cut down on Food Waste at Home, CHCH Morning Live
- Simple, Sustainable Swaps, CHCH
- How to Shop your Pantry, Global News
- Tips for Sustainable Living, CHCH
- Every day actions via Nourish by Numbers, CHCH
- Packing Earth Savvy Lunches, CHCH
Good Mood Cooking
- Foods that boost the mood, CTV's The Social
- Warming Winter Drinks, CHCH
- Cozy Tea Blends, The Social on CTV
Balancing Cultures, between India and Canada
As a subscriber you will receive a fortnightly-ish newsletter about food, people and planet, and the stories and science behind it all. You'll also receive news about Maple + Marigold and Puneeta, as well as tasty recipes, health-boosting foods, sustainable swaps and tips to live well.
We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.