This pink-tinted, beet-forward raita has over the years become a steady favourite. It’s absolutely gorgeous, impressive enough for company, and downright easy to make on a busy weeknight.
Watch my TV segment, Cook Once, Eat Thrice, on CTV’s The Social for tips about this recipe.
Pink and Lovely Beet Raita
- 2 medium beets, skinned, roasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- pinch of red chili powder, optional
- water to dilute
- mint leaves for garnish
- Whisk yoghurt to loosen it up. Stir in a little bit of water if needed to dilute the texture to make it a little runny.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients together and mix.
- Chill. Serve as a dip or a side.
DID YOU MAKE THIS DISH?
I’d love to hear from you! How did yours come out, what did you add, or substitute? Share your questions or comments with me below.