Delicious salmon everyone loves!
Salmon is on the menu in our home every couple of days. But there was a time when my kids thought fish was just “ewww.” That changed with this easy salmon recipe made with orange and coriander.
My husband is a big meat and potatoes fan and so fish was rarely if ever on the menu. Since the kids came along a number of things have changed including our menu plans. And while they don’t agree on a number of things, the kids are united on one front – they love salmon. As a result this flavourful and easy salmon recipe is a permanent feature come dinner time.
Easy Salmon Recipe with Orange and Cilantro
- 4 6 oz salmon filets
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 cloves chopped fesh garlic
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste coriander powder
- 1 handful chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 handful chopped cilantro stems
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a frying pan.
- Leave the salmon fillets in this yummy marinade for 15-20 minutes while you get the vegetables and rice ready.
- Put the pan on medium heat.
- Leave the lid on halfway across the pan. Don’t cover the pan all the way otherwise the fish won’t retain the crispiness. At the same time protect yourself from the splatter as the marinade heats up.
- Cook the first side for 8-10 mins.
- Flip it and cook the other side for 5. When it starts to flake that’s when you know it’s ready.
- Serve it with rice and your favourite vegetables. My kids love this easy broccoli recipe and it pairs well with salmon. It also looks really pretty on the plate.
In addition to being delicious and holding up very well to bold flavours, salmon comes full of essential Omega-3 fatty acids, is widely considered a superfood and with it its nutritional benefits is also great for healthy brain development.
This is my family’s favourite weeknight dinner. It’s ideal for a quick meal with fresh flavours with little time spent in the kitchen. I serve this dish with steamed rice and vegetables.